Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another Baby Breakfast

I liked the idea of an oat bar or breakfast cookie for Fiona. The baked oatmeal bars were good, but so crumbly, so I thought I've give it another shot. Google pointed me to this recipe, and as usual I made some (slight) modifications. 

Baby Oat Bars (Breakfast Cookies)

1 cup oats
1/4 tsp (more or less) each of ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg
1 or 2 overripe bananas
1.5 T coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla

Grind 1/2 of the oats into a powder. (Magic Bullet works great for this!)
Combine remaining oats, oat powder and spices. 
Mash up banana and combine with coconut oil and vanilla.
Mix wet into dry, and pour/spoon out onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Pat out with a spoon into a rough rectangle shape, about 1/2" thick or less.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or so. Let cool completely and cut into bars/whatever size your kid can handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment