Monday, December 30, 2013

Books I Read in 2013

I think, considering I had a newborn baby in August, that I did remarkably well in the book reading department this year! Last year I read 41 books; this year 48, with a handful that I started and never finished (life is too short to waste it reading books you think are stupid). 

Here's what I read in 2013:

1. Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie
2. Then We Came to The End by Joshua Ferris
3. Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy
4. MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
5. Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures by Emma Staub
6. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Sieg Larsson
7. The Life & Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
8. Bill Bryson's African Diary by Bill Bryson
9. The Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart
10. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
11. Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson
12. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
13. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
14. Run by Ann Patchett
15. What I Did by Christopher Wakling
16. The Age of Miracles by Kate Thompson Walker
17. The Accidental Tourist by Anne Taylor
18. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
19. Divergent by Veronica Roth
20. The Devil in Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo
21. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
22. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
23. The Partner by John Grisham
24. The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
25. The Silver Linings Playbook by MAtthew Quick
26. The Rainmaker by John Grisham
27. The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
28. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
29. Big Brother by Lionel Shriver
30. Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
31. The Racketeer by John Grisham
32. The Chamber by John Grisham
33. Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
34. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
35. Secrets in the Cellar by John Gant
36. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
37. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
38. The Silver Star by Jeanette Walls
39. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
40. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
41. Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian
42. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
43. Sycamore Row by John Grisham
44. I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crossley
45. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
46. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
47. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
48. Prodigal God by Timothy Keller

My favorites were, The Age of Miracles, Bel Canto, Behind the Scenes at the Museum, The Bean Trees, The Silver Star, and Cutting for Stone. Honorable mentions to both of Rainbow Rowell's books (Attachments and Eleanor & Park) and Trans-Sister Radio. I also really liked To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't know how I got through high school without reading it! And, if you are a pregnant lady, I highly recommend Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.

Any suggestions for my "to read" list? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. So Impressive! That is so many books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hillary7:44 PM

    Just read Age of Miracles... I'm surprised it was a favorite for you. I looked it but didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete