Sunday, September 22, 2013

Double Trouble Turns Two

Big H and O-Dawg are turning 2 next week. They are still little pip-squeaks - cute, RAMBUNCTIOUS little guys, and what little boys don't need a fort?


I made them a play teepee for their birthday's. They have to share this year, 'cause Auntie just wasn't up for doubling up on awesome crafts this time round! I roughly followed these two tutorials, and was totally in awe of this one. I started this project well before their birthday (actually, on Fiona's due date!), and found I had most everything already on hand, after scrounging through my fabric collection. All I had to get was some PVC pipe for the poles (I got some stares as I walked around the plumbing department at 9 months preggo), which I then spray painted with some leftover paint.


I really liked the idea of using some lace after looking at that third tutorial I linked to, and thought it would kind of be like windows and would let in a bit of light. I skipped the nylon webbing for pole holders, and just sewed some fabric strips instead. I am pretty pleased with how it all turned out!

I forgot my camera at home when we went to the birthday party, but I think H&O were pretty stoked to have a hiding place. According to a text from their parents last night, they already love it! Have fun in there boys!

2 comments:

  1. Hillary4:22 PM

    Amazing! Those two are lucky for such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica! Great job making the teepee's! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great! :-)

    ReplyDelete