Wednesday, September 11, 2013

August Arrival(s)

Our baby has arrived! Fiona Faye came into the world on August 26, 2013, at 3:59 AM. She was 6 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 inches long.

Brand new!

I was completely shocked to see 1) that cap of dark hair, and 2) that she was a girl!!

I have no idea how long labour lasted, as I was completely in labour land for most of Saturday night and all of Sunday, where time made no sense. I was rejected at the hospital the first time we went on Sunday afternoon, and was sent home again after getting a morphine shot (best decision ever) around 10 PM Sunday night. I was determined not to get rejected a third time, so after my water broke at home around 1:30 Monday morning I insisted on staying home until I couldn't handle it any more.

We got the hospital around 3:25, and Fiona popped out just a few minutes later!

She was born fast and furious, and didn't really cry in the first few minutes of her life. She did wriggle around a little, but no real screaming was happening. The nurses took her to the NICU after 6 minutes of suctioning her and trying to get her to take a big breath. Dan went with her and said that even before they got there Fiona was doing better and had started to wail. She spent a few hours in the NICU, then came back to be with us.

We are of course home now and Fiona is two weeks old already!!



There were two other baby girls born in August in our family as well! On my side, Hillary and Michael welcomed baby Elsie on August 2, and on Dan's side, Matt and Kori welcomed baby Evelyn on August 25, just 9 hours before Fiona arrived! Needless to say, we are thrilled with the girl trifecta!


6 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been patiently waiting for these details. Congrats again. She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary3:16 PM

    Welcome Fiona! I have been waiting for this blog post! I love my niece!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!! We really need to Skype soon so I can get more details about Fiona and her grand arrival! She truly is just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:31 PM

    super cute baby Erica...you guys did real good! Hope all is going well. Love you lots.
    auntie Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:20 PM

    You are a fantastic looking family. Welcome baby Fiona. What a doll.....

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malorie7:36 PM

    Love...that is all I have to say. Oh, and she is beautiful as are her parents.

    ReplyDelete