Sunday, June 30, 2013

Nesting Pro

I was thinking the other day about all the things I've knocked off the old "to-do" list around here while pregnant. I don't know if I can chalk it up to nesting hormones or what, but I do think I've had an extra sense of NEEDING to get things done while I still can. (Because obviously when the baby is born there will never ever be time for anything else ever again!!)

So, here's what I've done:
(December & January were pretty much a write off.....)

February
 - reupholstered a chair for a friend
 - recovered my dining room chairs
 - went to Belize and turned 28

March
 - started collecting things for the baby's room
 - went to Seattle with friends

April
 - sewed curtains for the living room
 - sewed curtains for the baby's room
 - bought & set up a crib

May
 - went to Costa Rica
 - built an outdoor couch (more to come on that!)
 - bought & set up dresser and bookshelf for the baby's room

June
 - hooked up rain barrel to downspout
 - got a new living room rug (and moved all the furniture around all afternoon!)
 - stained two decks
 - put up our summer screen porch

My list doesn't look that long when it's written down. But really, each of those things took a long time! And much of it required some physical labour/awkward positions!

Still to-do before this baby comes out:
 - finish the curtains in the baby's room
 - actually finish the nursery (especially remove all the random furniture from the room!)
 - seal our granite island (meant to do this in, oh, January)
 - go to that pre-natal class I signed up for
 - weekend getaway at Loon Lake
 - recover the living room toy box
 - paint that living room nook and improve the shelf situation

8(ish) weeks left!!

2 comments:

  1. Hillary12:05 PM

    You are a machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Impressive.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete