Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ultra Baby

Ultrasound pictures are all the same if it's not a baby you actually care about. Yes, wonder of new life and all that, but really, if you've seen one ultrasound picture, you've seen them all. UNTIL IT'S YOUR OWN BABY! Then it becomes more of a "show me everything! I'll watch this kid kick & squirm all day long!"

We got our first glimpse of Wallaby yesterday, at 18.5 weeks. And it was pretty much the coolest thing ever. As exciting as it was to see that little gomer, I was in complete awe of the technology that exists that allows us to actually SEE inside. It's amazing.

Here the gratuitous profile shot. I realize that no one but me may care about this (see first paragraph!), but whatever. You can exclaim over ONE more ultrasound pic, right?


Baby was nice and cooperative and even did some tricks, like sucking on it's fingers. Do you know how cute it is to see a tiny jaw & tongue moving around in there? Pretty freakin' awesome. 

7 comments:

  1. AAAAWWWHHHH.....
    I really enjoyed this post!
    You are so cute.... So happy this blessing and miracle is growing in your tummy!
    Hope you are feeling well and enjoying this time of preparation and fun!!
    Chat soon, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love little Wallaby!!! His spine looks good and white and strong! I know, ultrasounds are AWESOME and truly were the highlight of my pregnancy (as they are with most preggos, I think!). I was very lucky to have 9 ultrasounds with Reid, although I guess the reasons behind them were NOT good, but I still enjoyed every single one! Love the tricks and tumbles they make. Do they print pics for you at your hospital? Obviously, since you posted this one. We had to pay $10/pic! Totally worth it though. Cute idea would be to frame one of them for the nursery! OK can't wait for more preggo news! Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a disk with 7 or 8 images on it. We had to pay $12 for it. As if anyone wouldn't!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Hi Erica,
    So happy for you and your little black and white photo! I also love that you get to see what's going on inside...who knew? Looks like Wallaby is just chillin'.
    love you
    Auntie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:51 PM

    I love you little Wallaby!
    So cute Erica, glad your little fellow put on a nice show.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Oh, babies. Inside and out. So sweet.

    love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete