Sunday, March 10, 2013

Preparing

My trip to Costa Rica is just a couple months away! This is somewhat alarming to me as it hasn't really been at the forefront of my mind, what with baby fever and all. I am still planning on going on the trip, by the way. My doctor & I both have no concerns thus far, and Samaritan's Purse is fine with it too. The SP representative I talked to said something along the lines of the Christmas Child distribution trips are about the "cushiest mission trip you can go on", so that makes me feel better about it all! I have since found out where we'll be staying (a hotel that looks incredible!) and also learned of a group of all seniors that are going from a local church, so I am sure I'll be able to hack it too!

I am about 75% 80% done my fundraising for this trip. Thank you to all who have donated already, and if you are still thinking about it, do it! (Please!) Here is the link to the online donation page. All my fundraising needs to be done by April 25, so that's a few more weeks :)

I do have some updated prayer requests as well regarding this adventure. I am still nervous about not knowing anyone, but here area few more prayer items if you think of it:

 - I want to learn a little Spanish before I go. Sam's Purse sent this great little booklet of conversational Spanish which I have looked at a bit but nothing seems to really stick (other than very basic words). I forgot how to study long ago, so could use some prayer for a longer attention span and actually wanting to spend some time learning.

 - After our trip to Belize, where it was pretty hot, I got to thinking about how Costa Rica is even closer to the equator, AND it'll be the very end of May when I am there. I will also be about 6 months pregnant! I am not particularly worried about the combination of those things, but just want to be able to still participate in the things they have us do and not being so uncomfortable and hot that it's impossible.

I think that's it for now!

Over & out!


1 comment:

  1. Well, it's true heat and pregnancy is difficult. Not gonna lie. But you can do it! Stick to some shade and drink some water. You'll be golden (from tanning, no doubt!! Ha ha). Pumped about your trip and hearing about it when you get back. Good luck learning some Spanish...Lord knows I'd be hopeless at it.

    ReplyDelete