Saturday, December 22, 2012

Party Season

So, December is flying by. How did that happen? I am enjoying the first day of my two week holiday today. Baking & making & blogging & getting ready to go to a family Christmas gathering later this afternoon.

Dan & I hosted our annual Christmas party earlier in December. We had 19 or 20 guests I think, and we had a great time. Luckily, our kitchen island adjustment was done just in the nick of time! I think I meant to blog about that but just never got around to it....it's still a giant rectangle, but now we have seating on two sides instead of just the short end....oh look, here are some photos WITH Christmas party food included!


Changes in progress.



With granite & party food!

We changed around the bases a bit to accommodate more seating, and got a new granite top. Love it!

Last night we all donned our holiday best and enjoyed the Farm Christmas Party. Here's what we (I) wore;


Dress: Banana Republic Black & White Printed Wrap Dress
Heels: same ones from last year!
Necklace: cheap-o one from Suzy Shier

5 comments:

  1. I would love to come eat around your island. We will have banana choc chip muffs. I hope your party was so much fun! We have been having lots of fun here at home - Josh arrives tonight. Reid is a hit everywhere he goes. What are you doing Christmas Eve/day/Boxing Day? Want to come and Hillary and Amy can carry in a bookshelf through the snow early in the morning? OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you and Dan look great! I like your heels. And Dan's shirt/tie/sweater combo. Very dashing all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Beautiful! That granite is so sparkly and shiny, looks grand. You two look great, cute and ready to party.
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hillary10:26 AM

    Love everything about this post. Especially how cute you two are! Also, that veggie tray looks so delicious.
    And, Leah, thanks for reminding me about the bookcase! I forgot about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:47 PM

    You look fantastic! As does your new improved island. In a different way, of course!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete