Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Gift Guide!

Dan & I are taking it easy on Christmas this year. As in, we have exactly 4 gifts to buy. (Plus something for the littles, but you know me & crafts - it's in the works already! If you follow me on Instagram you'd have seen a sneak peak of THE cutest thing I've ever made. I know I say that a lot, (it's my catch phrase??), but I keep outdoing myself, so, it fits!)

I am weirdly excited about the small gift list. I feel like this Christmas is going to be no stress at all! Since my fam is going to Belize later on in lieu of holidaying in Lethbridge over the technical Festive season, we are calling off gift giving this year. I couldn't be happier about it! (And, I think Michael is too). (Ha). Also, Dan & I have decided to get a new TV as our Christmas gift for each other.

Anyway, if I were getting Christmas presents this year, here are some things I'd want, and also some things I just like, and a few things that I might buy for other people!

1) First up, these earrings made by my friend Cheryl! I myself am not an earring wearer, but I can't help but love these. Cheryl is discontinuing her earring line, so what you see on that page is what there is. (I may have already snapped up a pair for someone!) I love the "Autumn Leaves Chevron" ones, pictured below.


 2) I've signed this book out of the library several times, and would love to actually own it! I want to get on the "stacked books as display" bandwagon (I just do, ok?) and while the content is home decor eye candy, the teal cover is really what I love!


3) Kobo E-Reader for the win! Do most people have these already? I totally want one....before I am flying all around south of the 49th parallel (hint hint birthday gift Dan hint hint)! The price point seems pretty reasonable, and I like how with the Kobo you can sign out library books. Our library also just got Zinio, so I wonder if you can read magzines on a Kobo too? Anyone? Regardless, I think this would make a great gift!

4) Charity gifts. Perfect for the people who have everything! This also makes a great corporate gift, I think. (As in, yes, I give this to my bosses). My favorite charities are the World Vision Gift Catalog, and BC Children's Hospital. (Since my nephews spent so much time there, it's become closer to home). Alternatively, (shameless plug ahead), you could click over to that "OCC Fund Page" at the top of the page and donate to my fundraising efforts to go to Costa Rica!

5) For someone small, it doesn't get cuter than these little delights! I have some seriously talented friends - this is Rachel's shop. What kid wouldn't love those Wee Mouse Tin House things? So cute. 


6) Coffee Card. I am sorry, but this is one of my go-to gifts, and EVERYBODY loves to get some free coffees, or lattes, or ice caps or passion tea lemonades or whatever! Can't go wrong with a gift card to a favorite coffee place.

I think that covers what I personally would love to get & give! What about you? What are your favorite things to give & get at Christmas? Love to hear! (I need some ideas for 3 out of those 4 gifts we need to buy!)

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas, Erica. I like those earrings. Buying gifts for my fam is fairly easy because I know what they like, but Josh's fam is a whole new dimension. I have taken to buying household goods like sheets, frying pans and towels for them. And I always include the receipt in case they hate it, which is OK by me.

    ReplyDelete