Sunday, December 02, 2012

(Almost) 2 Years later...

I has been a long time coming, but I FINALLY finished recovering this chair! Anyone remember when I mentioned in passing that I got a wingback chair off of Craigslist? It was 18 months ago, so I really would doubt that you'd remember. Anyway, I finally started working on it this past spring and just finished (this afternoon!)

Here's the before:

 And here's the after:


I'm liking it a lot, and am pretty proud of myself for getting it to look as good as it does. By no means professional grade, but still pretty good :) I couldn't get the arm end things to go on properly, so I cut some foamy stuff I had to the right shape, covered them in fabric and glue gunned them on. Works for me.

I am mostly just glad that I can move on to the next project! There is never a shortage around here!

3 comments:

  1. Wowza! Looking good. I am once again impressed with your mad skills. I was expecting something with more pattern, but I am liking the understated stripe. Very classy. What room is this in? Living?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:47 PM

    looks good Erica.
    mom

    ReplyDelete