Thursday, September 27, 2012

Shoes

Hey business casual ladies! What kind of shoes do you wear to work in the cold weather months?

I am usually a flats wearing kind of girl, but when it starts to get rainy and gross and cold outside, I am kind of at a loss of what to put on my feet. I work in an office, so a lot of days I do wear flats anyway, but then my feet are always cold and lets face it, some of my recent footwear purchases are not at all comfortable! I do switch it up occasionally and wear riding style boots, but I can't do that everyday either - believe it or not, they start hurting my legs after a day of wear!

So! I'm trying to change that! Once again I'll be heading to Palm Springs in November (yahoo!) for our annual shopping trip, and this time I want to be prepared! In years past I've bought all kinds of shoe types thinking they'd be great for work in cold months, and then worn them about twice, deemed them ugly or uncomfortable (or both) and haven't touched them since. Unrelated side note: I have some size 9 shoes up for grabs.

What do you wear? Ankle boots? With or without a pointy toe? Slip on style something? Help a girl out!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Erica, if only I had the answer! I am also at a loss about footwear. Can you wear a sensible shoe outside and then change once you're at work? Or is that not the issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to change! And that's not the issue anyway! I go from house to garage to car to office. The issue is that I hate all my shoes and don't know what I would be happy with. :P
      First world problems, man.

      Delete
  2. find some really comfy boots!! not too tight... and no heel. I found a pair at sterling last year and wore them pretty much every single day... getting groceries, preschool drop off, to church, they were hands down my most comfy footwear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    It seems like I hear this somewhere else. Is this a genetic thing? Mabey you should be tested.

    Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Also, your dad can't spell!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hillary5:37 PM

    Cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Oh, I hear you. I am shoe challenged also. I am with Elissa on this one - go find a great pair of "tall" (below the knee) , no heel brown soft leather boots. The ones I bought last year were Clark's. Stylish and very comfy!! I have another brown pair as well as black. All no heel. I wear them with boot cut jeans, tucked in skinny jeans. skirts, dresses with leggings or tights... My struggle is what to wear with dress pants, so I rarely wear them!! I am currently on the hunt for a pair of ankle boots - but not too short.....

    Happy shopping! Looking forward to your annual fall fashion show!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete