Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Before

I spent this past week in Palm Springs with my MIL, Rachel. We went to organize 3 total bathroom renovations at their Palm Desert home. (I also of course went for the sun, delicious food, general vacation time, heat, reading by the pool, sleeping in, and a bit of shopping!) I'm happy to report that I got all of those activities in! (The heat especially - it was high 30's to low/mid 40's all week [Celsius]!)

So, these bathrooms are complete gut jobs. Two of the bathrooms have carpet! Definitely time for an overhaul.We did a lot of running around - picking up tile samples, confirming vanity cabinet details, looking at fixtures, visiting a granite fabricator, picking paint chips, searching for sinks & bathtubs & toilets, oh my! 

Behold, the ugly bathrooms:

Downstairs

Upstairs. Yes, that is carpet!

Ensuite. More carpet.

And here are the overall schemes and stuff we picked out:

Downstairs Bathroom

Upstairs Bathroom

Ensuite!

Can't wait to go back (maybe when it's not quite so hot there!) and see the finished bathrooms!

5 comments:

  1. Hillary9:39 AM

    Well those are beautiful. I actually can't imagine renovating 3 bathrooms at once. And, when you were shopping for bathtubs did you lie in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't imagine either. It's being done this summer while no one is there!
      We didn't lie in any. The tub Rachel picked is one she ordered off of Costco.com!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you picked out some great things! I did not know they had a Palm Springs house. Did your SIL's come along as well or was it just you? Good work on your working vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just me & the MIL! They go to PS every winter, usually off & on between October & March. Hence the daughters annual November trip!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Me oh my. Can you come to my house? I have none of the perks that are offered in Palm Springs, but if necessary could come up with a stunning itinerary of activities in the Morden/Winkler area....

    Julie

    ReplyDelete