Saturday, March 03, 2012

Shade

MY ROMAN SHADE ARRIVED!!!! 


I was anxiously awaiting it's arrival (Dan can attest to this), and yesterday the parcel arrival slip finally made it's way to our mailbox. And it said I could come pick up the package after 1 today. And the post office closes at 12:30. How convenient!! 

It all worked out though. Dan was able to pick it up this morning (I couldn't go because I took a photography class this morning - more on that in a later post!) and I installed it this afternoon! 


I was super nervous about ordering a custom roman shade sight unseen from a website, but it is so well made, and worth every penny! I could never have done such a superb job myself. 

For those interested, I ordered it from Tonic Living. This is hands down one of my favorite fabric stores, and it's Canadian! They are located in Toronto, and I wish I could buy every fabric they stock! Janine was great to work with, too, and answered all of my questions. I wouldn't hesitate at all about getting another custom shade or drapery from Tonic Living. Glowing review!!!

One other thing I love about Tonic Living, is that you can buy fabric samples for $1 so you can see & feel what the fabric is actually like. I had my fabric sample taped up on my window for a few months before I finally ordered. (I just got a new batch of samples and have been considering them for curtains in our bedroom - it's a difficult decision!!)


My fabric choice was Gazebo, Cloud. I love those subtle grays and bright blue & greens! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Totally worth the wait, hey?!? Great fabric choice, looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Oh my. That looks so good. I can understand that fabric/blinds from Tonic Living could become an addiction! Good choice Erica, as usual.
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete