Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Quirks

Years ago, Leah mailed me a bookmark that she got from her local library. I am talking YEARS. For a long time, it was the only bookmark I would use. No reason why, just because! Probably the same reason that Hillary would only use her "Bit-O-Wisdom" bookmark!

Anyway, a few weeks ago I cracked open The Message, and what did I find?


I have to say, I was kind of pleased to re-discover this little non-treasure! 


Who knew a tattered old piece of paper could be so....sentimental?? Haha!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 PM

    Oh, I just had a flashback! I totally remember those. That's a keeper.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica, that is so funny! You should laminate it to preserve it!! I love that it was the only bookmark you would use. Why did I mail it to you? Who cares, it sounds like something we'd do to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also, well done cracking open The Message!! I keep a $20 bill in my Bible that Amy put in there once years ago to pay me back for something. I have kept it there (in Psalms!) ever since - never having spent it. I think of it as my emergency fund! Once in a while I put it in my wallet, thinking I might need it, but I never do and back into Psalms it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Leah! Like $20 is really going to make or break you re: emergency fund! I guess it could come in handy one day. I have $50 in 5's & 10's in a box among my craft stuff. I have no idea why, but I think of that as my emergency fund. It's been there for years!

      Delete
  4. Hillary8:13 PM

    You guys should not be telling me (or the world) where you keep your emergency moola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know how much craft stuff I have? I think you (or anyone) would have trouble locating it!!!

      Delete