Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Garden Variety

(I always think of my Grandma when I see Pansies.)

Nothing brings joy to my heart quite like the first visit to a nursery after a long grey winter! Today I wandered around my favorite local nursery, just looking and admiring. I lucked out because it was even sunny while I was there. I'm not much of a gardener, but do enjoy the lushness and colour and new growth all around when I go in there! 

+++

I saw an idea to plant kitchen herbs in tea tins in a magazine somewhere. I liked the idea, and after some thrifting, found 3 tins that I liked. Today I got three herb plants at the nursery and put it all together. I planted chives, parsley & mint. I am not in the habit of cooking with fresh herbs, but I thought those three would be pretty easy to incorporate or use for garnish into dishes I already make. Except the mint. That just smells good and I thought I'd use it in mojito's when it's a bit warmer (and you need a mojito!).


I think they add a little something to my kitchen, all lined up on the window sill!


3 comments:

  1. Hillary5:23 PM

    Lovely, as always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:51 PM

    Hi Erica, I like your idea and they do look nice on the window sill. Also I like that you enjoyed that food book. I'm going to take a look at it too. Oh how I love libraries! And I also love that pansy's bring grandma to mind... for me too.
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so lovely! Great tins. I do not cook with fresh herbs either, but I really like this idea, so maybe I'll do it! Although my window sills are not as wide as yours, so I'd have to put them elsewhere, I think.

    ReplyDelete