Sunday, January 01, 2012

So This Is the New Year...

Happy 2012!! I rang in the New Year by sleeping and then getting woken up from a wrong number text on Dan's phone at 1:18 AM!! Good times! (For the record, we were in a hotel room...I don't make a habit of sleeping next to Dan's phone...)

Anyway! I thought I would take a look at my little Not New Years Resolutions List that I posted about a year ago.


NOT NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS (2011)

1. get new lamps for our bedroom, and maybe somenew night tables. (well, purchased!)

This plan has evolved from just new side tables & lamps to more like decorate our bedroom and make it nice. So, progress is the same: new night tables purchased! I still have some work to do on them, and I need some different pulls to put on the drawers. 


2. have each family from our caregroup over (D&E,C&S,)

Uh, yeah, kind of dropped the ball on this one. Sorry care group! We'll keep trying!

3. see at least one friend from college that doesn't now live in BC (February - Dave & Jenelle; March - Dave & Jenelle again; Steve & Lowana; April - Shannon, Christen, Dave & Jenelle AGAIN!!; August - Shannon; September - Jennifer; October - {High School friend who lives in BC, but come on, HS friend - still counts!!} Alisha; November - Jennifer & Eddie;)

By far the most fun on my to-do list!! I posted about this a few weeks ago, and I hope I am able to see friends again this year!


4. clean up our apple tree (started Sept. 24!!)

It's been started! 


5. plant a tree in our yard (2! October 2011)

Check!


6. finish unpacking from the move & putting it all away!

And again!


7. fall fire & weenie roast (September 24, 2011)

Yup! Wrote about it here!


8. make our front entry...better (re-cover chair, new mirror, gallery wall, bench, chevron wall)

Significantly better. I also got a bigger rug from Ikea and it's great!


9. post photos of our finished house

Meh, what are you gonna do? 

10. learn how to better use my camera, and get it out more often

Well, I did sign up for a photography class, and was set to take it, and then my camera got stolen. Boo. So, I'll try again in 2012!

11. finish the screen porch project (officially completed on July 4, 2011!)

And it was glorious! 

12. build at least one piece of furniture (leather & oak side table; green toddler chair; front entrance bench; mudroom bench)

I'd call that success!

I haven't made any resolutions for this year, but who knows, I may still. I more think of it as a list of stuff I want to do, not so much resolutions. Most likely, I'll just keep adding to this list!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'd say you've done quite well, Erica! I like your list and will think about making one of my own today. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete