Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Quick & Fun Valentine Craft


Valentine's Day still feels so far away, but it's really not too far - next Wednesday is February 1st after all! I don't usually decorate, or really do anything for Valentine's, but I saw this idea a few weeks ago on Pinterest and thought it was cute!


First, I cut some felt rectangles. 2 from each colour. I didn't measure, just made the biggest pieces possible from the felt I had. Next, sew a seam down one long end of each pair of rectangles. Turn the felt so the other 2 long sides are matched up, but the shape of the tube is a heart. Make sense?
Once you have all your heart tubes sewn up, cut them into about 1" pieces, so you end up with this: 


Then I strung them all together with thread, like so:

(yes, I probably should have changed the thread in my sewing machine, but I was too lazy, so it stayed black!)

Viola! Hang up your cute little Valentine garland!!


5 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! So cute! Way better than what I pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 PM

    SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I LOVE VALENTINES DAY! - Cayl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and so cute!

    ReplyDelete