Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Head Above Water

In this season of Hope, Peace, Joy & Love, it can be extremely difficult for me to know and have hope, peace, joy & love. I don't know if its the shorter days, the overcast skies, the stress & unease that sometimes comes with navigating a family business through the holidays, or some combination of all of the above. All I know is that as much as I love Christmas, and even more, I love that Christ came, a sadness gets me every year around this time. 

I try to carry on and still do the regular things I would do, but sometimes even those things are daunting. Laundry. Supper. Work. Read. Eat. Sleep. Host a Christmas party (which I actually am looking forward to). Although I know that people are in my corner, that Hope & Peace, Joy & Love abound at this time of year, sometimes it's hard not to despair. 

3 comments:

  1. Hillary2:10 PM

    I am one of those in your corner...lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Hello my dear little Erica....how well I understand you and what you say....on the verge of tears for various reasons (and I know why I cry....). Blessings to you and your Dan, as you forge your way thru...take joy in the small things, keep looking up and then lets move on to January!~love you, auntie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed this post...I know how you are feeling Erica and I too tell you to keep looking up and stepping on! It's hard, I know. Love you.

    ReplyDelete