Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Treats!

Saturday night found us at a Halloween Party hosted by our lovely friends Brandon & Cayley. 
Since it was not just a Halloween Party, but a Halloween ANIMATION THEME Party, Dan & I dressed up as Inspector Gadget & Sidekick Penny. 
(photo borrowed from Brandon)


Nailed it!

It was actually pretty fun to put those costumes together! And, I think Penny was WAY ahead of the times with her computer book. I wished I had an iPad I could have carried around, but my plastic container with taped on pictures worked just fine! Also, please note that Inspector's magnifying glass doubles as a bottle opener! Thanks for having us B&C, we had fun!

Sunday night we had a Wall family supper, partly in celebration that Corn Harvest is complete! Yay! But the absolute highlight was that we got to meet Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Owie is still in the hospital, but Henry was sprung free this past weekend, and I think he adapted quite well to his giant family by pretty much sleeping the whole time (which I would imagine is what you'd expect from a 1 month old!!). Henry is a tiny bundle of a boy at around 5 pounds. Dan & I were trying to imagine the size of Owen given his bro is the bigger one! Yikes! I didn't have my camera with me, so no picture of Henry today, but hopefully soon. I can't wait to snuggle him! (Among the two new parents and 3 grandparents, there were plenty of arms for Henry to rest in, so I can wait :)  )

In other news, Helen & Johnnie will be trick or treating tonight! Dan & I dressed up last year just for Helen. I'm not sure if we will this year...I mean, sure, we have awesome costumes, but what 3 and 1 year olds know who Inspector Gadget is? Might have to pull out my "Big Cay-ons" costume once more! 

6 comments:

  1. Hillary2:50 PM

    Love the costumes. Totally a great idea.
    And, glad you could meet Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary2:50 PM

    Love the costumes. Totally a great idea.
    And, glad you could meet Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:13 PM

    i totally guessed you were penny before reading the caption!!
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also knew you were Penny before reading the caption. And well done with the computer book!! I guess our paper/crayon ones didn't cut it this time around!! I love the costumes, well done. You rock. Amy mailed me her tiger costume that Auntie B made for her and I wore that to work for our Halloween party. It was awesome and got rave reviews. Although it was pretty short in the crotch and I couldn't really bend over, so I only wore it for an hour or two, because I couldn't really do my work with it on. We handed out candy and we got 47 kids. Down from last years 59. Kids were done at 8:00, which suited us just fine. Happy Hallo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Hi Erica....love the way the 2 of you look! good idea! And how nice to have friends that host a party...
    love you
    auntie rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:44 AM

    You two are cute! I remember the noon hours filled with Inspector Gadget.... great memories.
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete