Saturday, September 17, 2011

Eat. Play. Love.

Some of you may remember when I made some play food for Helen last year. I guess my friend Anj also remembered, because she asked me to make some for her sweetheart of a daughter, who is getting a play kitchen for her 2nd birthday!! Awesome! I love play kitchens! I think for me, the play kitchen and Barbies are tied for favorite childhood toy. Endless hours in the basement playing with both of those! So of course I said yes to making the food, because what childhood is complete without play food? I couldn't deprive my little friend!

Now for the goods:




Looks like a good time if I do say so myself!!

I'd be happy to craft some play food for you too! Just email me or leave a comment below if you are interested!

What was your favorite childhood toy? Did anyone else love their play kitchen as much as I did? Did anyone else make menus and guest cheques emblazoned with the name of your "restaurant"? (Ours was Apple Tree Cafe!) (And yes, we did!)

5 comments:

  1. that is the CUTEST thing I've seen in a long time. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest play food ever! I absolutely love it all. I've got a fairly hefty collection of Fisher Price play food from my own play kitchen...but maybe one day I'll be ordering some from you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    SOOOOO PERFECT! Oh erica, she is going to LOVE them :)

    --anj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Delightful! She will have hours of play with these.
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:33 AM

    I was just telling Mike about the Apple Tree cafe the other day. Also that our pretend names were Sally Kosher and Lisa Honey. Where we weird?
    I love the food you made. You are amazing!
    4 weeks till a visit!!

    ReplyDelete