Thursday, June 30, 2011

unhinged

So. That happened, and by that, I mean June 2011 Suckfest. (you all know what I am talking about I assume! If not, time to out yourself as a reader of this blog!!) I am hoping & praying that it's over, and am also hoping and praying for some sunshine, because man, my state of mind depends on it!

We still feel a little overwhelmed around here, and probably will feel that way until we can start getting our life back in order and feel a little more in control of...everything.

On top of that the sun just won't shine, and I have never felt this "down" in June before. I have diagnosed myself with SAD (jury is still out on whether or not that's true), and man, every task before me just feels gargantuan and impossible to finish, so why bother even starting? And it's summer! Sure, it's ok to be lazy and carefree in summer, but listless and just not caring? Not so much.

Well, Happy Canada Day tomorrow! Sorry this post is such a downer....the last couple weeks have just been that way!!

4 comments:

  1. I think you should see this, Erica :)

    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-81_metric_e.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica! I know exactly what you mean and having crappy weather doesn't help anything. I take Vitamin D drops and whether or not they help is still up for debate. Gotta get that sunshine inside of me no matter what. I hope you can rise above it all. Love you and can't wait to see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary8:35 AM

    Debbie Downer,
    Suckfest is OVER and my guess is things will start to resume as normal. It just takes some time.
    Also, I will be seeing you very shortly, and I am practically like the sun, so there is that.
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Suckfest really sucks, no doubt! Here is to sunny days ahead (come on there has gotta be some in July), a fun visit with your sis and bro, days sitting on my deck hopefully with the sun warming you and a good book in hand!
    Can't wait to see you and hope your Canada day is a sunny one.
    Yes I do believe in miracles!
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete