Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Report Card

 - We went with some friends to Loon Lake cabin on May long weekend. Games, food, movies, rain, campfire, fooseball, canoeing, puzzling (!), sleeping in...a great weekend! Thanks D&R for coming with us - we had a blast!

games & snacks!

Rachel making us lunch.
The rapture didn't happen.

Celebrating Dave's 26th birthday!!

yummy!

- I bought two new chairs off of craigslist (it's an addiction). One is a wingback that really needs some TLC...I've been perusing fabic.com to find some inspiration! Suggestions?

- Progress has been slow on the screen porch front. When it hasn't been raining, the Canucks have been playing, so my helper is preoccupied. (You'd be surprised at how time consuming it is to get a screen panel up there, measure one small part, take it down, pin it, sew it etc, then put it back up to check!) I am mostly done one side (of three), so am anticipating that the next two will go much faster, since I've now "made up" the pattern. Now we just need some sunny weather to enjoy our soon-to-be new outdoor room!

- We had the Wall fam over for a weenie roast on Sunday night. It was beautiful out, and we cooked up some tasty dogs on the fire. Helen & Johnnie were cute too! (Helen made up a new game called Steamroller. Here's how to play: Continuously ask "Unca Dan, you wanna steamroller?" and when he relents, make him lay on the grass at the top of the hill, and then push on him until he rolls down the hill. Endless hours minutes of fun!!)

- I can't wait to show you Dan's Secret Birthday Present!! Though I'd love to share it here now, I'll have to wait another 11 days to do so!

- Our 4th anniversary is next week. Where has the time gone?? We are thinking of doing a little overnight getaway, maybe to Harrison Hot Springs since Dan & I both have next weekend off (fingers crossed he still will next Friday).
oh look, an awkward photo of us!

- Go Canucks!!

just because she's cute!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Erica! I love to see/read what you're up to. I love Helen's steamroller game, sounds just great! I should really do an "update" post too. You have inspired me! Unfortunately there is no time tonight, but maybe over the weekend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete