Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Come On In

Dan & I moved into our house on Christmas Eve, 2009. I can never remember that though, because Christmas and moving can be stressfull and busy enough on their own, let alone one day apart! All that to say, our house still feels new to us! While it is truly awesome to move into a brand new house where we've been lucky enough to pick the paint colours and flooring and fixtures, decorating a new house (for me) has been a bit of a challenge, because, a new house = new stuff, right??  Wrong! Well, kind of! We did buy some new couches, and a new dining table & chairs, and an area rug and...well yes, ok, we have purchased quite a few new things for our home since moving in. But I like to think I've taken my time with those purchased (they didn't all happen in at once!), and I also like to think that we're making our way to a collected, comfortable, elegant, design scheme.

So here is our front entry (a place to make "better" on my not new year's resolutions list):

(start of) Gallery wall & Mirror

Still need/want a different rug!

Since we come through the garage into our house, I don't have to function in this space everyday, but I still want it to be functional for guests and I want it to look pretty (since I do look at it everyday). I think it's coming along!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's lovely! What pictures do you have on your gallery wall? I always used to dream about having my own home and how I would decorate and how I would pay attention to every little detail and things like that...but then I became an adult and learned that "every little detail" costs a lot of money. Therefore, some things are just left as "OK" or "this will do for now" instead of "this is exactly what I want and I love it". Love you!

    ReplyDelete