Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ugly to Awesome

Last spring, I was clicking around on craigslist and found this great retro looking chair, for only $20!! And, even better, it was in Abbotsford! Well, since I picked it up all those months ago, it's been sitting near our front entry as-is. As in ugly. I had found some very subtle grey & green fabric a few months after that, and had it slung over the back of this sucker for the last 6 or 8 months. Later in the summer, I discovered Tonic Living and ordered some great swatches. Not really knowing what I would do with the fabric, I ordered a couple meters of two patterns I just could not resist!
It only dawned on me this past weekend that one of those fabrics would look great on this chair, much better than my original choice! 

 Original ugly but cool chair!

Happy newly covered chair!

This 'new' addition is my first step in making our front entry better. (As vaugely described on the list over there on the left). Still to come: mirror, new rug, and a few accessories to pretty it all up!

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing, Erica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Did you get it re-upholstered professionally? I love the fabric - what a great "pop" to the room! Now I am inspired to go on Kijiji and find an ugly chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:40 AM

    Oh my! You did a great job on this and I love the fabric you selected. You always make lovely things.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Love your blog background! It matches your chair nicely! Abbey came to me one day this week and told me that I had to check out your blog, but she wouldn't tell me why. She/we are very impressed with your creative ingenuity...

    julie

    ReplyDelete