Thursday, November 25, 2010

Time for an Update!

Just thought I should stop in the old blog and say something!

November has been whipping by. Us Wall girls had our annual shopping trip to Palm Springs, which was delightful, warm, lazy, spendy, and overall a great time! I came home with all kinds of new work clothes, two pairs of boots, a pair of flats and even some Christmas surprises for Dan (shh, don't tell him)! We also enjoyed some great food and of course were kept entertained by Helen every moment of the day.

Our weather has been news worthy as of late, as in, it's been snowing! I took a snow day from work today, and it's been snowing all day. We probably have about 10 cm's out there! I even shovelled my sidewalk Dad! Without a snow shovel! Rain is supposed to overtake, and it's supposed to warm up, but if it's bad to drive tomorrow I may very well be taking another snow day. I am so thankful that I have a job that is flexible for me, and that Dan can always go to his work (although he may not want to, I suppose, on days like this!)

I haven't done any Christmas decorating yet, but I have been preparing to do so - hopefully this weekend! The tree farm down the road opens on Saturday, so we plan on joining in the hoardes of people that will be there and getting our tree with the rest of them. I've also found some Christmas decoration treasures at 10,000 Villages - a tree skirt and some red garlands. Dan & I are having a Christmas party the following weekend, so we're trying to prepare for that in bite sized pieces and not all at once!

Well, that wraps it up for now. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Snow Days and Hooray for a good old blog update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I am quite curious about how you shoveled your sidewalk without a shovel. Sounds like quite a feat! Who are you having for your Christmas party? Small group? We have our SG CP on the 15th, should be fun. My SG girls are also doing a baking exchange, have I told you this? I am making New York Slice (Nanaimo to the rest of the world), so am excited to use my Kitchen Aid (I think she needs a name, perhaps Kelly Ann the Kitchen Aid?) to mix up some custardy goodness.

    ReplyDelete