Friday, June 18, 2010

I love my niece!!

Helen & I have a playdate about once a week. Today I took her to a playground (with a slide – as per the little one’s request). She loved every minute of it! Helen took off running and played hard for probably 30 minutes or so. Climbing up the slides, sliding down, run across the bridge, play with the steering wheel, down a bigger slide, over to the swings, back to the tunnel slide to climb up and through. What a kid. At one point she patted another little girl on the head (who was probably the same age) and said “Nice baby.” She loved watching the big kids play and fearlessly did (or tried to do) what they did on the playground. It’s been so neat and wonderful to see her grow and learn so much. It’s hard to believe she has only been in our lives for 22 months.

Helen last June....
Helen this past April...

3 comments:

  1. great post! and i LOVE the new blog look. where did you find this layout? i know i just changed mine, but quite frankly, i like yours better. helen is a darling and i love her! am so glad you can have a weekly play date with her. do you join her on the slides/bridge/at the steering wheel? fun! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 AM

    Hi Erica... love the new look and colour. Also love the darling pictures of my dear little friend Helen. Do you think we can have another playdate when we visit?
    What a great idea with the Garden Party... I'd be there if I could. Wishing you and your friends fun and success with the crafting.
    Can't wait to see you in about 10 days. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 AM

    Hi Erica, Thanks for still talking on your blog and I'm sorry I am not a better auntie and say stuff to you. But I will say it now - I love you! I am proud of you for being who you are and what you are. So happy that you have a little friend to brighten your days, when they need brightening. And I agree, what a lovely idea for the Garden Party - did you do it? Did people come? Have fun with M&D, we sure had fun with Josh and Leah a few weeks ago.
    love you - auntie rose

    ReplyDelete