Thursday, January 15, 2009

because we're both tired of seeing that photo

Hi.
Just wanted to write a new entry because I am sure you are sick of seeing that half naked old guy every time you click over to my blog, which granted, is probably not very often anymore since I haven't written anything for MONTHS!

So if there are any readers left (hi mom & dad!), here is a little story for you:

A few weeks ago I was outside taking some photos of the winter weather, when all of a sudden, my camera does SOMETHING. I don't really know what happened, but I kept getting an error message and the top half of my pictures were black. So I sent it to Canon and they told me it would be $300 to fix it. I wasn't too thrilled with that, so when I was at London Drugs picking up some photos yesterday, I thought I would look at dSLR's on my way past the case, just to check them out. I know I don't NEED one, but I have to say I really enjoy having one!
Anyway, one in particular caught my eye: a Canon Rebel XTi, which is much better than the one I had (but for $325 on craigslist with 3 lenses included I wasn't going to complain!). This particular camera happen to be on clearance sale, and then the manager said she could knock off another $15o. So using my Christmas money (because really, what else was I going to use it for? Just stuff probably) I will go get a new camera body and only have to spend a little of my own money. I basically get a way better camera for just as much as it would cost to fix the other one!
I think that's a good idea, and I am good with it.

Well, maybe I'll write more one day....

5 comments:

  1. 1. i love the new blog look.
    2. i love the new blog name.
    3. i actually really like the new CBC show "being erica". i found it quite fun and enjoyable. did you watch it? you might like it.
    4. i am very pleased that you have found a solution to your camera problem! very excellent of you!!
    5. i am not sure how much longer i will blog. what is the point?
    6. i love you! wish we could have been hanging out tonight.
    7. love, leah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! if you ever want to check out some very cute blog backgrounds, go to www.thecutestblogontheblock"...it is very cute, and when you pick a new background, you don't have to redo your link list, etc. handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was fantastic idea! Way to be smart with your money!
    Enjoy your new camera! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:41 PM

    yes indeed, I was getting tired of seeing the shirtless dude. Maybe if he was a little more pleasing to the eye it wouldn't have been that bad......

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Hi Erica.
    Thanks for talking to us and the updated look/name is great. (Leah, the point of keeping your blog going is for those of us who are faithful blog readers!) I hope both of you keep at it.
    Who is coming for supper - the pizza is almost ready.
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete