Tuesday, January 08, 2008

another attempt at starting to blog

Sorry for the looong hiatus. Again there has been nothing too thrilling to blog about. I know that the more I post the easier it will be to post.

Christmas was great. We stayed here for Christmas day spent with Dan's family, and then we drove through the woods and over the mountains to my mom and dad's for a little visit in between Chistmas and New Years. I love my family. It was fun to see them and it was great for Dan to be able to rest and not work for 5 days.

I didn't work at all in December, which was actually really enjoyable. I still have my job, it's just a slow time of year for residential projects. I am supposed to hear from my boss soon though...hopefully I can work again shortly, although really, who wants to work? I think it'll be a bit of a shock to the system when I do go back!

I have been typing up recipes lately from last year's Canadian Living magazines. I get into a "spring cleaning" mode around New Years - just feel like I have to get rid of stuff I don't use and organize what I do use, and it's a good way to use my non working days.

I just saw a bug outside the window. It's January 8th for goodness sake. BC is strange.

I'll try not to make it tooooo long until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:20 PM

    I guess you did drive through the woods and over the mountains to see us. I never thought of it like that before.
    love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a trend...
    In 2006 you blogged 19 time and then in 2007 you blogged 39 times, so I predict that 2008 will be an even better year for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rica! I was just thinking about typing out my recipes the other day and that task was way too daunting for me... i was like... I wish someone would come along and do it for me for a christmas/birthday present... kind of like how Erica did all my photos that one year! That was such a great gift!
    Thinking of you fondly dear organized girl!

    ReplyDelete