Monday, September 03, 2007

wife-in' it up

I haven't really felt like blogging lately, but somebody insisted on a new post, and I do agree that the time has come according to the calendar, but not according to life occurances or daily events.

Anyway, what can I tell you?

This past Friday was the Wall's annual pig roast, which is exactly what it sounds like. I had attended once before - last summer - and had an enjoyable time considering Dan and I had driven from Calgary the night before and arrived in Abbotsford on the Friday at 4AM. This year was better than I had anticipated, and even though I still didn't know (m)any of the guests, that was ok because Brandon came and he is always great to have around. He was still laughing about his time with my aunties (he really likes all of you aunties!) at me and Dan's wedding, and he gave us a MAGIC BULLET for a wedding gift.

Today is Labour Day, and while that means nothing for Dan, it does make me feel better about not having a job yet, because if I was working I would have this day off anyway, so therefore I can do what I want and don't have to be productive and working around all day. I still have not heard back from my potential employer, but plan on calling him tomorrow to see where things are at. I always hate to call, but I know that I must.

This afternoon we started to destroy our dead garden in preparation for making something better. It was a total disaster before, and while it still is, it's getting better. Dad and Dan cut pretty much all of it down a few weekends ago and then we rounded up and today Dan and I took out a fallen over archway and a large vine and chicken wire and a rotting fence. I took a before shot so someday I will try to post that someplace on the internet.

I sound like an old lady talking about my garden. Sheesh.

Oh, Kylie and I are taking a cake decorating class that starts tomorrow night. It's at Michaels the craft store and is for 4 weeks, one evening a week. I am looking forward to this and I hope that I learn something and that it is acually fun. I think it will be. I am glad to be taking it with someone I know and like, because then if it turns out to be ridiculous we can be sarcastic about it together. I'll keep you posted on what goes on.

I am going to go watch a documentary on Tupperware now, and bake a lasagna.

This whole post makes me sound like I'm a wife in the '50's..

9 comments:

  1. I love your life!
    I think it's cool you're a wife.
    What did you learn about tupperware?
    I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 AM

    I wish I had your garden area to work on. I think you will have a lot of satisfaction from the effort.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi M. Lindskog10:55 AM

    Which lasagna did you make?
    I put the recipie of my mom's that you liked in the mail, so I am just wondering if you got it.
    If not just pretend you didn't get this comment, and act surprised, ok?
    P.S. Have fun at cake class! Oh and I made that sewing basket cake for Amy - it looked nothing like the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Hi Erica
    So life is good, embrace it! Sure hope you have fun at the class. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey 50's wife! i think you're great. cake decorating sounds fun, i'm sure you will enjoy it and excel! yep, i know you had to call (who doesn't?) but i guess you need to. thanks for the post. i totally understand what you mean about having not much to post about, but the need is there anyway. we all love hearing about your life. love you cousin. oh yes, tupperware documentary? sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hillary rhymes. although she loses it on the last line...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Oh Erica, You are starting to scare me!! I'm good with the cake decorating, but the Tupperware documentary? I'll pretend that you are pulling my leg on that one! And really, you will be thrilled to get the garden cleaned up - no doubt about it!! Brandon likes us??? Yippee!!
    auntie rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:50 AM

    Oh yeah. Brandon likes us and a MAGIC BULLET!!! cool. love m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete