Monday, May 21, 2007

Spring Days

I haven't been busy, but I have been wrapped up with wedding stuff and not getting any new emails. Plus, since I haven't been busy or doing stuff I feel as though there is nothing to blog about, per se. Nothing of interest that will come out witty and insightful, at least.

I got my hair highlighted the other day. I told her I wanted to be able to notice they were there, but not gross looking, and this is what I got. I quite pleased with the outcome, even though I am not sure you can really tell in this picture that my hair is at all different.

(Photo Removed)

Dad chose today to try to get the basement carpet clean. He had shampooed the bedroom down here and the main area on the weekend, and that inevitably left some black marks around the computer near his shop door, which dad tried to get out with a garden hose and a shop vac. The first spray of water went mostly on the computer, which had me and my mom laughing and rushing to find a towel. I am sure you can imagine the sight. Also, I should point out that today has been a rainy and cold day, hence the chance of basement carpet drying is way down to slim status. Obviously (and logically??) it's necessary to have two fans blowing on said carpet area, and on me, making the entire basement the temperature of an igloo.

In other news, today mom and I went to try to find bras for our wedding dresses. Not an easy task I might add. Although if you need a good laugh go find a body shaper suit and try to put it on. Laughter guaranteed if you have someone around to help you get it off! I think we maybe had some success (not with the body shaper suit), but you never really know until you try it with the dress, so we will see what is what some other day.

Wedding plans are good. And yes, I am excited for anyone who might be tempted to ask. I am currently working on wedding programs and seating arrangements. We weren't going to have seating arrangements, but I was at a wedding this past weekend and I was awfully glad that they told me where to sit. I went by myself, and all of the people I knew fairly well were the bride and groom and other people in their wedding party. I ended up sitting with some people I knew from high school, which was good, but man oh man, I was happy that Cait told me where to go.  Anyway, the whole seating arrangement got me thinking that that's a good idea, so things have progressed. For those of you attending, don't worry, I won't enforce the seating, it really will be optional.

As for wedding programs, what do you put? I am actually asking for suggestions here, so feel free. I mean, you have the usual list of people and order of ceremony, but do you really need an order of ceremony? Everyone knows generally how weddings go, and we aren't planning to make the ceremony hours long so people feel like they have to start checking off completed items. I'll experiment and see what I can come up with on my own. I wish Dan were here, he loves lists and would be good at this kind of stuff. I could wait until he gets here, but I am in the mood to do it now, so you know.

And one last picture, on a totally random note.
Dad with "the weight of the world on his shoulders." (His joke, not mine.)

5 comments:

  1. I just got home from work, and was glad to see a new post. It made me laugh out loud. 3 parts- dad spraying the computer with a hose and dad with the globe. Why is he so funny? Also, the bra trying on. I can just imagine. Thanks for the laugh.
    Also, how are you going to make a seating chart when it is a stand up reception? will you put masking tape on the floor telling each person which foot squared they can stand on?
    And, don't forget in the wedding program to mention me, your beautiful sister. I could send you a picture if you want, so you could put that in there too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:46 AM

    I didnt spray the computor _ it splashed onto the computor. Also, I wasn't randomly spraying water around, it was in a more or less controlled manner.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Oh Er, you are a hoot! And I know exactly what you are talking about when you talk about your dad!!! Bobbie would be so inclined to carry on in that fashion as well! We say - unconventional methods of doing regular type things!!! So, I'll stand, sit, crouch, or kneel wherever you tell me, just be sure there is someone on stand by to help me up if nexessary! You know - the knees! So gald to hear that all is well in our world, wet and dry! see you soon!
    rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh unca ray! so very typical! love it. okay, i am firstly amazed that they have enough "inspirational" horse stories to fill a second book. and that anyone would actually buy the first one to encourage the second one to be made. where are the people that actually buy these things? actually, i don't want to know. they would probably annoy me. glad you are excited to be married! it's coming quick and i can't wait to see you soon. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Ok, so I am SO glad that you like seating plans. Bradley hates them and hated making it, but I knew that people like you, and a lot of others, would be grateful for a seating plan. Thank you for making it known. I will have to show my mom. You don't need an order of service...I never thought of it that way.
    Be creative. I'm sure whatever you do it will be lovely.
    CAIT

    ReplyDelete