Friday, January 26, 2007

a good weekend...and it's only friday!

Today during our last class of the day (which is from 2-5PM...hardly a good time for a class on a Friday) Raelene, Cale, Steve, Lindsey, Olivier and myself made a little improptu supper plan. Since we were all on our own today as far as our home lives went, Raelene invited us over for a pot-luck/come and cook supper at her place.
We had ceasar salad, grilled steak and grilled chicken, roasted bell peppers, potato pockets with carrots and onion (which was my "contribution"), garlic bread and a fruit flan for dessert! It was so good - I don't think I've been this full since Christmas!
We also played Things and some Scotland Yard, which we as a group came to love last semester as we worked on our group project. I feel like I haven't really hung out with these people since before Christmas - we really grew in friendship last semester through the project we shared and we are all split up for this semester's project, and I have missed them. It was nice just sharing their company. I brought my camera to take pictures, but forgot to get it out when I was at Rae's.
I also never really thought that I would gain any lifelong frienships with people I met at SAIT, although now, a year and a half later I am glad to say that just the opposite has happened. I love these people, and even though I know we will grow apart, I know too we will all keep in contact throughout our careers.
Anyway, I have other plans for this weekend too. I have to work tomorrow, but am then going to a Roughnecks game (lacrosse)with Linse and some of her friends and then on Sunday we are going to Lake Louise to see some ice sculptures! Should be a fantastic weekend! I hope yours is good too!

2 comments:

  1. Erica,
    Good to see that you had fun with your friends. I played Things last night and laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Thanks again for such a fun game.The highlight of the night was things that make your love life more exciting...you can imagine. Anyways. Hope the rest of your weekend was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 AM

    Erica, hope you had a fun entertaining weekend. What a delight to have friends to play with and share life with!
    We might see you on the weekend, if Dad's a 'loser' you'll be seeing us.
    Love you sweets, Mom

    ReplyDelete