Tuesday, November 07, 2006

(pineapple) tidbits

Well today the weather was just delightful with a high of 13. We actually got there too! Nothing like being able to walk around in this city in sneakers and a hoodie. It sure beats having to wear 15 layers and then get overheated every time you spend more than 2 minutes in a building.

Anyway, I was at work last night and was pondering how much people love money. Now I am not excluded from this, but I make a conscience effort to not be too wrapped up in making money or spending money or having money or paying bills or whatever. Maybe that in itself is evidence of my own attitude toward money, but that is not the point here. Over the year I have worked at Shoppers, I have noticed how often people say "I need to get rid of this change" or "I need to get rid of this $50" (or other bill) and I find this funny because at the same time they are buying lottery tickets hoping to hit the jackpot. It also bothers me that people hate having change. And that they actually say "I have having so much change". If they hate it so much they should just use plastic everywhere, or else carry a lot of change so they can always give exact change and not get any back, or lift some weights so they don't complain to me, the cashier who doesn't really care, about how heavy their purse is with all the change in it.

In other news, I made stir fry tonight and it was delicious!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes it was! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:52 AM

    Looks good Erica.
    I'm glad you had a good day yesterday
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some stir fry. It would sure beat what I just ate. Next time you should tell the customer that if they hate having so much change you would be glad to take it for them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:58 AM

    That stir fry looks very good. I agree will Hill - you could offer to take their change off their hands! Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete